vendredi 8 juillet 2011

Chris Holton is fundraising for Teenage Cancer Trust

Chris Holton is fundraising for Teenage Cancer Trust

This year the company I work for, Laser UK, are raising money for the Teenage Cancer Trust, as I feel this is a very worthy charity I decided that I wanted to do some fund raising of my own.

I have decided that I will cycle from my house in Birmingham to Paris to arrive the day before the Tour De France is due to finish, also in Paris. The near 400 mile (assuming I don’t get lost, which is by no means a certainty, so it could be longer!) trip will be spread over 4 days, with stops planned for St Albans, Folkestone/Calais, Amiens and then finally Paris.

I have managed to rope my sister into driving the route in order to make sure I do it, be on standby for rescue missions, carry my things from stop to stop and most importantly ply me with food every 20 miles or so! All very important jobs and I am very grateful to her for agreeing to do this and giving up her valuable time.

I am hoping to raise at least £2 per mile giving a, slightly rounded up, total of £800 as the target. I want to achieve this and hopefully far exceed it. If anyone wants to sponsor per mile I will be recording the journey on my fancy cycle computer which uses GPS and is accurate to within 10 meters so there can be no querying the bill at the end!!

This will all be taking place between the 20th and 23rd of July this year.

Any donations are more than welcome, from 1p to £1,000,000 (a boy can dream!) anything will really help.

It is a great cause and a challenge I am really looking forward to.

Thanks Chris

http://www.justgiving.com/Chris-Holton


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire